Friday, September 9, 2016

Today I learned in Paris 09-Sep 2016


1) I've never seen more beautiful people in one place. Every other one could be a model, male or female. Some could be BOTH.




2) Mom jeans are definitely IN




3) It's interesting seeing what "walking food" different countries have. In Germany, I've seen bakery goods mostly. In Seattle, it's often a wrap of some kind. In Paris, it can be small quiches.

Get it? Walking food?




4) All of the beauty here is mixed in with sadness. There are many homeless, beggars and children. One asked for my soda and then asked for money, then asked for my soda. There are people sleeping in in the archways of old churches. One slept in the middle of the sidewalk with her arm out, with a cup extended. It tore at me.





5) I generally feel safe, but I still avoid empty alley ways.






6) There is an amazing hobby shop right next to the Louvre full of models that I've never seen before. I wish I lived near it. But then I'd be broke.





7) So much small food. Little quiches, little eclairs, and again, a city with so many small drinks, cups, bottles, etc. And the 30cl sprites cost 5 euros. Tap water is free though.






8) Everything here is in CL instead of ML like in Germany.



9) Had the best croissant I've ever tasted at breakfast.




10) We've been beset by French wasps nearly every time we've sat at a café. They have been unfailingly polite, and they love jam.






11) We got a Caesar salad, and it had actual anchovies in it! In all of the years I've had these salads, never real anchovies.









12) I can't stop speaking German to people here. By the time I get used to using some French, I'll be back in Germany, no doubt.




No comments:

Post a Comment