Wednesday, March 16, 2016

16.03.2016


1) I'm used to having options for ground beef. In the US, you can find 70/30 (30% fat) and more lean options like 90/10. Here, the ground beef seems largely fat free. I'm a little disappointed.
2) The hamburger buns we buy are called American Hamburger buns.
3) There seem to be a large number of Sonne Studios (tanning salons, we'd call them.) I was surprised, but then given the weather here is a lot like Seattle, it made more sense.
4) I've been learning to surf the trams. That is, standing in the tram without holding onto anything. It comes in handy on very full trams. Then again, on those trams, falling is actually kind of difficult when people push you if you get too close. On a more empty tram, when it works, it's cool. When it's not, it's totally embarrassing.Turns out the floors of the trams are pretty gross.
5) Butter. on. sandwiches. Greatest thing since. Butter... And sandwiches.
6) There seems to be no "give up your seat for an old person" rule on the tram. When I do, their faces light up. smile emoticon

7) I'm breaking all of the tipping rules by tipping too much. Reminds me of the old joke: what's the difference between a Canoe and a Canadian? Canoes tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment