Friday, March 25, 2016

25.03.2016, Good Friday edition



1) I had to ask how to use the door lock on my office. It had no key hole. It turns out the locks have a remote control. Cool.
2) At the Doctor's office, I had to be told where the waiting room was. Then I studiously ignored people who came in, because I was embarrassed that I didn't speak German.
3) I guess I don't understand the 'cross the street' buttons. I pressed the big obvious button and best case says "signal kommt" when it's about to change. Sometimes nothing happens. But I've seen people put their hand over some (sensor?) on the top too. Maybe for people on bikes?
4) I need an extension for my glasses that lets me easily look over my shoulder. I feel like I'm forever watching out for people on bicycles. Bikes are road hogs, and their bike bells always sound angry. When the next google glass comes out, there needs to be cameras all around so you can switch to a view that crams 360 degrees into 160 like in BattleMechs.
5) Salsa is so sweet here. Granted, the one we buy in the store is called "Salsa Dip". I think it's like "Cheese Food" or "juice drink" in the states. First ingredient? tomaten (tomatos). Second? Zucker (sugar). The odd thing is that I think of myself as a salsa guy. I often make my own. But I find myself REALLY liking the sweet salsa. I feel like I've betrayed my hispanic roots. Except that I'm not hispanic, I just grew up in LA. (does that make me an honorary hispanic person?)
6) I made my world famous Chicken Marsala (world famous because I've now made it on TWO continents.) I used an expensive Marsala imported from Italy. Wow was it different. I think it was a very dry one and it ended up very very tart. I still find it amazing how quickly a Marsala sauce tastes terrible until it suddenly tastes magical. Next time, it's sweet Marsala.

7) Personal liability insurance. Here you must have it in case a court finds you at fault for ANYTHING. Many people also have Legal/lawyer Insurance. It pays for a lawyer if you need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment