Friday, May 20, 2016

20 May 2016 - Chinese takeout edition



These are from my experience ordering chinese/thai food here.

1. Chinese food is very savory here. That is, it's not sweet. Except for sweet and sour, and even that is probably half as sweet as I'm used to.

2. Szechuan style food (Art?) is most decidedly NOT spicy. I've ordered szechuan food in the US that I couldn't eat it was so hot.

3. The food is excellent here. But I do miss the super overly sweet US versions like General Tso, Orange chicken, etc.

4. No fortune cookies here (I believe they actually originated in 'Merica)

5. I had a spring roll that was the size of a small sandwich, rectangular, flat and deep fried. It was AMAZING.

6. Kung Pao (or Gong Bao) here is also not spicy like in the US. It's also not covered in peanuts.

7. The peanut sauce here is much more peanutty (and thick) than I'm used to.

And a bonus (added by Beth), German Chocolate cake is actually not from Germany, and is named after Samuel German from 'Merica.

No comments:

Post a Comment