Wednesday, April 20, 2016

20.04.2016




1) Sometimes it's hard to get people to take my money. We're without a car, so getting around is time consuming. I tried to order our washer and dryer online from Saturn, but I couldn't find a single payment method that they'd allow me to use. No bank transfer, no paypal, no US credit card.All because I didn't have a German credit card. So Amazon won my business again.

2) Searching on Amazon.de is difficult at best. I use the english version, which is incomplete, and searches tend to work better with German terms (duh), but some terms are simply unique to german and have to direct translation. Luckily I have good Internet research skills.

3) When you have a 250mbs connection, it's surprisingly difficult to find a game on Steam large enough to find my Peak bandwidth. Yeah, I know, cry me a river.

4. On german cable, about 10% of channels carry english content. And our Horizon box can be set to prefer english audio (when it exists.)

5. Our Horizon box insists on making us enter a youth protection PIN even when I've turned it off and unlocked all channels.

6. I bought 15 power strips for the new house. It's surprising how many we need, though I suppose in hind sight, I think we gave away 30 strips from the old house.

7. Sometimes even doing all of the right things when converting a 110v appliance to 220v (via a transformer) still results in a poof and the magic smoke being let out. Mostly for very old equipment.

8. We had some really great movers who helped a ton. All really good guys.

9. Food delivery FTW

No comments:

Post a Comment