Saturday, April 30, 2016

30.04.2016


1. I wish rewe would pick up empty bottles as well as deliver full ones.
2. We had bacon, pancakes and chorizo sausage this morning. The Germans do sausage well, even Chorizo.
3. Bought a "spicy" yufka last night and the only difference was a little bit of chili sauce and some chopped banana peppers.
4. There's very little variety in the way of delivery here in Hagsfeld. It's all Pizza and Doner and one lone sushi place that we haven't been able to get up the nerve to try.
5. The lack of windows screens here means that every once in a while a horse fly gets into the house and scares the poop out of me.
6. Radio here uses different frequency steps (50 khHz in Germany vs. 100 kHz, I think). Luckily my onkyo amp has a setting to change it. Now I have to find an antennae so I can hear all of the US music on germany radio. smile emoticon
7. Having 250mbit is great, unless you're downloading from a site with only a US CDN. It's still much better than the 12 that I had tho.
8. I'm still getting used to the VAT being built into (most) prices. Things seem much more expensive until I remember the 20% VAT was already added.

No comments:

Post a Comment