Sunday, February 7, 2016

07.02.2016



1) I'm too tall. The beds here don't seem to be made for tall (mutant) folks like me. Granted, I've only slept in 4-5 different beds, but I can't lay straight in them.
2) The default blankets are not made for people my size. Every blanket in this house fits what's essentially a twin bed (basically the master bed is two twin beds together, each with their own blanket.) If I roll over once, the covers are gone. I just ordered a 220cm x 240cm blanket. Far as I can tell, that's pretty big.
3) American candy is super expensive on Amazon.de. Like 20x higher than retail in the states. $64 for a bag of coffee nips. Gouge much? I still think there's a case for opening an American Goods store here.
4) Most everyone is very nice. We've met our neighbors upstairs, next door, across the street. And they're all very generous and kind. Most other places I've lived, we simply never knew our neighbors. 
5) Many spoons are more shallow than I expected. We had a hard time finding a cooking spoon with some depth. 
6) It's actually hard to find really big cups/glasses. I finally found some 500ml ones on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment